The action of Flagyl is following: the drug inhibits the formation of the genetic custodian of the nucleic acids, thus terminating the development of populations of microorganisms, which contributes to their death. The drug works on anaerobic pathogenic agents (microorganisms, which do not need oxygen for normal existence and development).
According to the instruction to Flagyl, a number of pathogenic agents are sensitive to the drug.
What does Flagyl help for?
a number of obligate anaerobes,
some gram-positive bacteria (Proteus, Clostridium, etc.).
The drug has no effect on aerobic bacteria (streptococci, staphylococci, etc.).
You can buy Flagyl from us on our website.
Indications for use
Flagyl is widely used in the treatment of the following diseases:
Indication for prescription of Flagyl can be severe conditions:
peritonitis and sepsis
abscesses localized in the abdominal cavity.
Indications for use of Flagyl may be gynecologic diseases. Flagyl is used in gynecology for the following pathologies:
Endometritis of different nature.
Abscesses of small pelvis organs – fallopian tubes or ovaries.
Septic conditions after gynecological surgery or abortion.
Flagyl is also effective in case of thrush.
Buying Flagyl from us online, you will receive the certified drug.
The indication for therapy with Flagyl may be general illness:
Inflammation of the lung tissue and lung abscesses,
Abscesses localized in the brain,
Purulent processes of the skin and bone,
The instruction to Flagyl indicates that the drug is actively used as a prophylactic agent before surgery on the intestines, before removing the inflamed appendix or before complex gynecological manipulation (in combination with antibacterial drugs of wide spectrum, for example, Ceftriaxone). Flagyl is also used in the treatment of ulcers of the stomach and intestines.
Flagyl in the form of pills.
Flagyl in the form of tablets quickly gets out of the intestine into the blood stream, evenly distributing over the internal systems of the body. The drug is present in biological fluids – saliva, bile, cerebrospinal and peritoneal fluids. Large quantities of the drug enter the bone. It passes into breast milk, crosses the placenta.
Most of the drug (80%) is excreted via the kidneys. The remaining 20% — with bile.
Flagyl tablets are prescribed to adults and children over twelve years of age at the rate of 7.5 mg of drug per kilogram of body weight. The average dosage of Flagyl is 250-500 mg twice a day (the frequency and the dose depend on the indication and the severity of the pathological process).
You can buy Flagyl on our website in any quantity.
Children under the age of twelve years are recommended to take Flagyl at the dosage of 10 mg/kg three times a day. The drug is not prescribed up to 3 years of age.
Flagyl tablets are consumed after a meal, you shouldn’t chew or grind them.
Vaginitis and urethritis of various severity caused by nonspecific pathogens.
According to reviews, suppositories with Flagyl have a pronounced effect already after the first procedure. The drug in the form of suppositories should be administered in the vagina. The recommended dosage is 2 grams of the drug at once. You can use suppositories containing 500 mg of Flagyl twice a day. The course of therapy is 10 days. You should rule out a sexual relationship for the duration of the treatment.
Is Flagyl an antibiotic or not?
Many wonder whether Metronidazole is an antibiotic. This drug is synthetically derived drug of broad-spectrum. Thus, this medication is an antimicrobial drug, i.e. it is not an antibiotic. After all, antibiotics are natural substances that are derived from particular fungi. And the active ingredient Metronidazole is not found in nature – it was received by a person by chemical means.